FastKeys Enterprise Edition offers advanced features for business users. It includes all the features of the Professional Edition plus many advanced features like central deployment, shared settings library, advanced administrator settings etc.
After downloading, unzip the files to the specified folder. The following files are included:
- FastKeys Setup Enterprise - FastKeys installation file with preset policy settings for your organization. This is all you need if you would use the default settings.
- Policy Manager - Separate application which allows editing specific policy settings before the software deployment to end users..
Run FastKeys, open user Preferences and select Enterprise tab.
Shared file - set a path to FastKeys shared settings file which is used by all users. Press ... button to select the settings file from the network or shared drive. Shared settings will be automatically loaded at FastKeys startup. This setting is disabled if defined in the policy (see below).
Information - various information and messages for the end user, as set in the policy.
If you wish to set a common settings file which would be shared by all users:
- Use FastKeys to create a set of settings which would be shared by users,
- Export settings by using File > Team > Export... under a new name to the network or cloud location accessible to all users,
- Provide the shared file path to users (File > Team > Send Link) so they can open it by using File > Team > Open Shared File... menu.
More information: Team Sharing
- Install FastKeys using a Simple installation method, using the link to the shared settings.
- Use Policy Manager to set the path to your common settings file, using LoadFile setting.
FastKeys Policy Manager is a separate application which allows creating and editing specific policy settings before the deploying to end users:
- Set additional settings not available in FastKeys, or
- Pre-set and lock the FastKeys user Preferences.
To prepare the policy:
- Copy the Policy Manager.exe to the FastKeys main folder,
- Run Policy Manager to prepare your policy settings,
- Deploy the created policy.ini file to end users.
More details: Policy Manager
There are multiple ways to install FastKeys with the policy for the end user.
Please let us know if you require any assistance.