Spectacular Start menu designed in FastKeys - can you beat this?

Discussion, questions and support.
Tom

Post by Tom » Dec 19th, ’20, 19:15

I'm posting this example of a great FastKeys Start menu designed and used by one of our power users. I think is pretty awesome - what do you think?

How do you use FastKeys Start menus? Can you show us your examples? :)

SteveQ

Post by SteveQ » Dec 22nd, ’20, 21:40

Wow, that's unbelievable! Looks very useful and beautiful, what a work!

I never thought FastKeys could do this. I need to try it myself. ;)
mragtronx8

Post by mragtronx8 » Jan 29th, ’21, 18:35

Awesome Menu
Oblomov

Post by Oblomov » Feb 14th, ’21, 18:07

Tom wrote: Dec 19th, ’20, 19:15 I'm posting this example of a great FastKeys Start menu designed and used by one of our power users. I think is pretty awesome - what do you think?

Damn... I'll probably end up using this when I run out of all available key combinations... never really bothered with using Start Menu at all, but yeah, I can see how it can be better than Shortcuts/Text Expander, for something very specific or for opening programs that you sort of frequently use, or use for a particular purpose, like work stuff

May I ask what field/purpose this is for tbh? 🤔
CableGuy

Post by CableGuy » Feb 16th, ’21, 00:13

Hi

I developed the menu to construct technical documents for the cable industry. It could be any industry really where there is a requirement to produce data sheets with continuity of wordage and layout throughout, at speed, and without spelling or formatting errors.

It also gives the advantage of having new team members, new to the industry even, be able to build a document in a building block style of working.

I use it ALOT !

And because I use it ALOT I wanted it to look and feel just right, and be grouped in a way that makes sense to our line of work... So I created a colour palette and some icons that were appealing and helped navigation and overall speed of use.

So for me, it's a document builder, one of the many uses this fantastic utility can be used for.
Oblomov

Post by Oblomov » Feb 16th, ’21, 11:49

CableGuy wrote: Feb 16th, ’21, 00:13 Hi

I developed the menu to construct technical documents for the cable industry. It could be any industry really where there is a requirement to produce data sheets with continuity of wordage and layout throughout, at speed, and without spelling or formatting errors.

It also gives the advantage of having new team members, new to the industry even, be able to build a document in a building block style of working.

I use it ALOT !

And because I use it ALOT I wanted it to look and feel just right, and be grouped in a way that makes sense to our line of work... So I created a colour palette and some icons that were appealing and helped navigation and overall speed of use.

So for me, it's a document builder, one of the many uses this fantastic utility can be used for.
Thanks for elaborating! That's very interesting... must be quite the game changer tbh. Wonder what the insides of one of those commands look like
Oblomov

Post by Oblomov » Feb 19th, ’21, 14:58

Tom wrote: Dec 19th, ’20, 19:15 I'm posting this example of a great FastKeys Start menu designed and used by one of our power users. I think is pretty awesome - what do you think?

I just realized that I could've created probably like at least a thousand 'shortcutless' commands in Start Menu instead of Shortcuts and just executed them through Quick find, instead of wasting a lot of time overall, on figuring which shortcut combination is still available for those 1000+ commands in Shortcuts, which I'd never need to execute manually (i.e. only through Quick find)... I'm so dying rn 😭😭😭

Please tell me there is some sort of limit on Start Menu commands (e.g. max. 300 command/items) or something like that or I think I'm gonna lose it again...
Marko

Post by Marko » Mar 6th, ’21, 22:44

No limits... :D
Oblomov

Post by Oblomov » Mar 7th, ’21, 15:16

Marko wrote: Mar 6th, ’21, 22:44No limits... :D
I see... oh well, should've really known better from the start of my tricky FK adventure 😔
Marko

Post by Marko » Mar 7th, ’21, 15:23

Well, in Start Menu you can only have one submenu level so for a thousand of entries, the menu would quickly become too large to fit on screen.

You should keep using Quick find where you can also search etc.