Accessing Clipboard Manager contents

Discussion, questions and support.
BridgeGuy

Post by BridgeGuy » Jan 17th, ’21, 20:52

Is there a way to easily access Clipboard Manager contents? I see that you can access the system clipboard as a variable (%Clipboard%), but don't see a variable defined for the other entries in Clipboard Manager. I was thinking it might be %Clipboard%2% for the second entry back (or maybe the third if %Clipboard%0% is the current contents).

Otherwise it seems like you would have to invoke Clipboard manager and simulate keystrokes, which seems like a lot of effort when the data should be easily adressable.

Thanks
Don
Tom

Post by Tom » Jan 18th, ’21, 16:54

It is currently not possible to access the clipboard history as a variable.
What would be the practical use of this?
BridgeGuy

Post by BridgeGuy » Feb 1st, ’21, 05:52

One use would be to send an email using 3 or 4 pieces of data that I've copied to the clipboard manager. One might be the email address, another the Subject and maybe some content items. It seems like the only way to currently do it would be to invoke the clipboard manager and "key down" to the variable you want to paste in. It would easier to just be able to access the variable directly as is currently possible with the system clipboard.
BridgeGuy

Post by BridgeGuy » Feb 6th, ’21, 18:15

Couldn't the clipboard contents be easily put into individual variables or an array each time the clipboard is used so they could later be accessed by macros etc.? If it could even store just the last 10 entries or so, that would be great.
Tom

Post by Tom » Feb 6th, ’21, 20:45

We will put it to our wish list for future development. Thanks for the suggestion. ;)
BridgeGuy

Post by BridgeGuy » Feb 7th, ’21, 00:44

For now, is it possible to bring up the clipboard manager inside a macro and send arrow down keys to paste the selected entry from clipboard manager into the appropriate place?
Tom

Post by Tom » Feb 7th, ’21, 09:41

No, currently not possible.
ehoyle

Post by ehoyle » Feb 7th, ’21, 20:27

I'd also find this feature really useful. I've asked about it before on the forums, I think. As part of my work I make comments on documents that sometimes use two "input" fields, and currently I can only use the clipboard contents for one and have to manually copy+paste in the other one.
BridgeGuy

Post by BridgeGuy » Feb 7th, ’21, 21:47

So here is a thought... UserVariables. Can a macro/script write to those variables during the script and then later read from them? In this way clipboard contents could be written to a uservariable, then additional contents put on the clipboard and then both would be available to paste later.