Unable to start

Discussion, questions and support.
Johnbee

Post by Johnbee » Nov 29th, ’19, 16:15

Hi I just installed a fresh Windows 10 and I am unable to start Fastkeys after installation
With that said, whenever I try to start the software, the Windows UI stutters briefly then disappears
The Task Manager shows the Fastkeys process briefly appear then disappear.

Anyone seen this type of behavior before?
Any ideas on how I might address this?
Marko

Post by Marko » Nov 30th, ’19, 00:48

There have been reports that certain laptops (Alienware or similar) run some processes which effectively block FastKeys and similar software. Some users were successful by disabling "Nahimic" service. Could you try that?

Please also check and try to disable some other similar services or security software which may cause the conflict.
niittymaa

Post by niittymaa » Jan 13th, ’20, 19:15

Marko wrote: Nov 30th, ’19, 00:48 There have been reports that certain laptops (Alienware or similar) run some processes which effectively block FastKeys and similar software. Some users were successful by disabling "Nahimic" service. Could you try that?

Please also check and try to disable some other similar services or security software which may cause the conflict.
Thanks Marko for pointing this. This "Nahimic" services comes with audio drivers when installing Sonic Radar 3 app for my motherboard (rog strix z370-h). And this was pain in the *ss when trying to figure out why FastKeys not work anymore with new pc... Anyway, I just disable service and now it works properly.