Re-register After Every Upgrade

Discussion, questions and support.
KMFMS

Post by KMFMS » Apr 14th, ’19, 23:24

I have been using FastKeys for a while now (portable version) and every time I upgrade/update to a new version I have to re-register the software? Is this by design? I'm a little weary of having to postpone upgrades until I have access to my registration key. It would be preferred to have the license information stored in a file with the rest of the FastKeys files.

Thanks!
Tom

Post by Tom » Apr 15th, ’19, 16:25

This is not by design. Try running FastKeys as administrator and then register again.
KMFMS

Post by KMFMS » Apr 16th, ’19, 02:52

Unfortunately, that had no effect.

I have the portable installer for version 4.14 and installed FastKeys Portable to a new directory. I then ran the FastKeys.exe as administrator and then completed registration with my license key. I then selected "Check for Updates" in the menu and completed the update to 4.18. As soon as the update finishes and runs FastKeys it gives a dialog window titled "FastKeys 4.18 Trial" and asks me to register again. I have tested this on two different machines and receive the same result.

Both machines are Windows 10 Enterprise 1809. One is domain-joined the other isn't. I have a local admin account on both machines for testing. No antivirus other than Windows Defender is on one machine.

Should I be seeing or looking for something specific after registration?
Tom

Post by Tom » Apr 16th, ’19, 21:38

You are right, there is an issue with the portable installer.
We will resolve this in the new release, thanks for reporting.
KMFMS

Post by KMFMS » Apr 16th, ’19, 22:17

Not a problem. Thanks for listening. Just glad I'm not 100% crazy. :mrgreen: