FastKeys 4.0 Released

Important information, rules and frequently asked questions. Read this first!
Gryzor

Post by Gryzor » May 21st, ’17, 21:45

Your math doesn't add up... If you only use a handful of frequently used shortcuts the time saving is much, much smaller. You're always better off remembering the shortcuts in such cases. Plus the radial thingy only seems to work with second level commands, so it's very, very, very restricted.

"Determine context"? A context menu is...a context menu.

Is there an app using radial menus? Because it's an old idea, I've certainly seen similar things, I guess there's a reason it hasn't caught on...
JoshT

Post by JoshT » May 21st, ’17, 22:24

Gryzor wrote:

Your math doesn't add up... If you only use a handful of frequently used shortcuts the time saving is much, much smaller. You're always better off remembering the shortcuts in such cases. Plus the radial thingy only seems to work with second level commands, so it's very, very, very restricted.
On average, 1 second. I know what I'm talking about. These are real things. The radial menu saves a lot of time. Unfortunately, not every application has rm.
Gryzor wrote:

"Determine context"? A context menu is...a context menu.
Only if the application has a context menu.
Gryzor wrote:

Is there an app using radial menus?
Many. Some examples - my 2nd post in this thread.
Gryzor wrote:

I guess there's a reason it hasn't caught on...
LOL, WUT? Its, Its very funny...
Marko

Post by Marko » May 21st, ’17, 22:45

I's an interesting concept but I'm not sure how would it fit into FastKeys. Couldn't something similar be simulated by using gestures? I suggest to continue the discussion in the Marking Menu topic.
Gryzor

Post by Gryzor » May 22nd, ’17, 08:30

Marko wrote:

I's an interesting concept but I'm not sure how would it fit into FastKeys. Couldn't something similar be simulated by using gestures? I suggest to continue the discussion in the Marking Menu topic.
My thought exactly... not nearly interested enough to debate the whole menu implementation, but what would it have to do with Fastkeys? Perhaps FK could incorporate a kind of custom menu builder but maybe this is quite a ways outside its scope...
blortch1

Post by blortch1 » May 22nd, ’17, 16:54

Marko, I'd like to tell you what I think about 4.0 but it won't open for me. I've downloaded it but clicking on its icon in the start menu or on the .exe file does nothing. There's no icon in the notification area either. Please advise.

Found the problem. Bitdefender flags 4.0 update as a threat. Temporarily inactivating it allowed me to open 4.0.
Marko

Post by Marko » May 23rd, ’17, 07:22

Thanks for reporting. This is a false positive and has already been reported to BitDefender.
Marko

Post by Marko » May 23rd, ’17, 18:26

A small bug preventing from saving Start Menu delay setting was resolved. If you experience such issue, please download and reinstall.
Gryzor

Post by Gryzor » May 24th, ’17, 16:52

Funny thing happened - I updated to 4 just fine the other day on my work PC; I just saw it has reverted to 3.15 and unregistered! Huh...
Marko

Post by Marko » May 24th, ’17, 17:50

Please contact us on support mail.
Gryzor

Post by Gryzor » May 25th, ’17, 10:10

Thanks, just did :)