Change screen brightness using mouse wheel

Share your favorite FastKeys commands
Gryzor

Post by Gryzor » Nov 16th, ’14, 09:09

Nice to meet you here too, Marko (I did the Greek translation so we've exchanged quite a few emails :) ).

Yeah, I haven't found anything that works either, unfortunately... But i was merely pointing out that the script posted before does not affect brightness and that the function used is the wrong one, so I just pointed to some more ideas with the hope someone might know more...

Thanks for the tip about using HK scripts. Time to dive into script repos and find some gems :)
Marko

Post by Marko » Nov 16th, ’14, 11:44

How about a simple command to run Microsoft Mobility Center? You can then add some keystrokes to adjust the brightness...

Code: Select all

RunWait, C:\Windows\System32\mblctr.exe
Send, {Tab}{PgDn 2}
this opens a Mobility Center window and lowers the brightness by sending Page Down key twice.
Gryzor

Post by Gryzor » Nov 16th, ’14, 13:56

Hm, interesting. So I could call the module and then record a macro (tab,right,right,right,Alt+F4 for instance to up the brightness). Is there a way to combine the two into one shortcut?

Also this wouldn't be ideal since the Mobility center would be brought to the foreground but it's better than nothing I suppose...
Admirer

Post by Admirer » Aug 23rd, ’19, 10:36

Trying Fast keys on my PC. All preset commands are successfully executed EXCEPT this mousewheel-brightness command. Can't understand why.