Cloud support for data files (Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.)

Suggestions, feature requests and bug reports.
Alex DP

Post by Alex DP » Nov 26th, ’13, 11:59

Hi Marko,

I think it would be useful, in case the user has Dropbox (or another cloud syncing client), to integrate with it and use it as the default Data repository.

It would be also helpful, on setup of the software, to detect an existing FastKeys data folder in dropbox folder and use it automatically (or after confirmation of the user). It would help a lot in case of installation of a new pc or in cases where the user works on different PCs but uses the same dropbox, the data folder would be automatically synced.

IIRC, PhraseExpress has implemented this in the latest versions.

What do you think?
Marko

Post by Marko » Nov 28th, ’13, 20:17

Thanks for your suggestions. I was thinking about this for some time.

Currently you can save all user data (Menu, Open, Save As...) to your Dropbox folder and FastKeys will always read it from there. You can also change the default folders for wordlist and phrase files etc. if needed. Is this already a good solution or you had more integration in mind?

I'll think about Dropbox detection during installation. Good ideas, thanks!
Alex DP

Post by Alex DP » Nov 29th, ’13, 03:44

Yes, that's my current config, I moved all data into the Apps subfolder of Dropbox main ffolders

My suggestion was to implement "native" integration with Dropbox API.

I think you got the idea...;)

Thanks for your work.
monisien

Post by monisien » Dec 7th, ’22, 18:01

Hi. I am receiving this info at the start of the computer. It looks like FK is not finding the file in the cloud, because maybe it loads faster than google drive?
What can I do about it? Screenshot attached.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Zcxk7y ... sp=sharing
Greetings, Monika
marcelolima

Post by marcelolima » Dec 8th, ’22, 22:23

monisien wrote: Dec 7th, ’22, 18:01 Hi. I am receiving this info at the start of the computer. It looks like FK is not finding the file in the cloud, because maybe it loads faster than google drive?
What can I do about it? Screenshot attached.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Zcxk7y ... sp=sharing
Greetings, Monika
Hi.
Yes. This means that FK loaded faster than Google Drive.

What can you do about it? Wait for Google Drive to load and then open FK.
Marko

Post by Marko » Dec 11th, ’22, 21:16

Google drive loads slower so the file in not immediately available. Simply run FastKeys again and it should work.
monisien wrote: Dec 7th, ’22, 18:01 Hi. I am receiving this info at the start of the computer. It looks like FK is not finding the file in the cloud, because maybe it loads faster than google drive?