[Solved]Mouse gestures not working

Suggestions, feature requests and bug reports.
fish

Post by fish » Oct 15th, ’18, 04:27

Hello,

I'm experimenting with the trial version of fastkeys, So first of all thank you for your nice software.
I'm using windows 7 pro X64 SP1.
I can't seem to make gestures work. I even tried changing CTRL key to SHIFT or ALT, And even the mouse button, But it simply does not work.
I manage to record a gesture while using the control+Right mouse key, But can't seem to run it.
Marko

Post by Marko » Oct 15th, ’18, 05:56

The default gesture key is Ctrl + Right mouse button. Hold Ctrl and right mouse button and draw something on screen. For example, drawing "N" should run Notepad.

If not working try to set a different gesture key in Preferences/Gestures.
fish

Post by fish » Oct 15th, ’18, 05:59

I've already tried that - and it doesn't work.
Marko

Post by Marko » Oct 15th, ’18, 06:06

Do you use a laptop? Can you enable a mouse trail in Preferences/Gestures and see if it shows? You should not hold a mouse for too long...
fish

Post by fish » Oct 15th, ’18, 06:12

I am using a wireless keyboard and mouse on a desktop computer. (Logitech MK235).
The mouse right key function as regular right key, Although it does let me program the gesture in fastkeys menu.
It doen not shows the mouse trail even though I set it to.
When i click shortly on the right mouse while holding the CTRL key, it opens the right click menu, And if I press for longer time it opens the selection area (Just like regular right mouse key functions).
Marko

Post by Marko » Oct 15th, ’18, 08:56

Can you send your Preferences setting (the settings.ini file from FastKeys/Data folder) to our support mail?
Also, gestures do not work if the FastKeys main window is open - is this the case?
fish

Post by fish » Oct 15th, ’18, 09:43

Thank you Marko.
When the main window of fastkeys is closed, and there is no icon in the taskbar, The gestures works !
Marko

Post by Marko » Oct 15th, ’18, 10:30

So the issue is solved?

If you don't see a tray icon, click the triangle icon in the task tray and drag the FastKeys icon into the system tray to make it permanently visible.
fish

Post by fish » Oct 15th, ’18, 10:32

Yes it's solved. Thank you.
You mean tray Icon and I wrote taskbar icon (Which means the program is minimized but still open)
Formingus

Post by Formingus » Aug 13th, ’21, 19:22

Marko wrote: Oct 15th, ’18, 10:30 So the issue is solved?

If you don't see a tray icon, click the triangle icon in the task tray and drag the FastKeys icon into the system tray to make it permanently visible.
I Have the same problem with gestures but in my case, they don't work, even gesture trails are not shown while recording gestures are fine

Any suggestion? Should I open a new thread or t use this one?