Text expander questions

Suggestions, feature requests and bug reports.
davidp

Post by davidp » Apr 3rd, ’18, 02:54

1. I have created text expander shortcut's for shutdown,restart and sleep. Now when i press the shortcut(string) to restart or sleep,it's causing in the firefox browser to go one page back. This happens only when i press the string,when firefox is opened.

2.It's behaving similarly in windows explorer,the moment i press the string,it's causing to move one folder up in the breadcrumb bar.
This is also happening only when i press the string,if windows explorer is opened.
Tom

Post by Tom » Apr 3rd, ’18, 07:24

By typing into application you also trigger application's shortuts - this is normal. You should use Shortcuts module instead of Text Expander or change the string.
davidp

Post by davidp » Apr 3rd, ’18, 07:52

I have set the text expander string as zx,zc etc for shutdown and restart.
I even tested by changing the strings,but it's still causing problems.

And how can there be an internal shortcut be like zx,zc etc to trigger an application,unless if it is created.
Tom

Post by Tom » Apr 3rd, ’18, 09:04

As said, to avoid conflicts use Shortcuts, like Alt + S etc...
davidp

Post by davidp » Apr 5th, ’18, 04:36

I have now disabled the text expander shortcut in FK and then pressed the zx key and it's not causing to move one folder up or one page back in browser.

So it's a problem with FK.
Tom

Post by Tom » Apr 5th, ’18, 13:03

After typing an abbreviation, FastKeys automatically attempts to erase it by using backspacing which causes your issue. To avoid this, select "Don't delete string" option.