Shortcut to then select possible expansions

Suggestions, feature requests and bug reports.
pier4r

Post by pier4r » Dec 27th, ’17, 15:23

Hi! I tried to search for this suggestion but the forum says that "shortcut" is a too common word.

On windows I use fastkeys (nice job!) on mac I use aText .

What I like in aText is that I can start to type something and then press a shortcut to let me show which expansions are currently matching what I wrote. A bit like the autocomplete feature.

The point is that sometimes I do not want the autocomplete feature and I would like to see the possible expansions on demand, so with a shortcut.

I think implementing shortcuts to show "which expansions are currently available" is doable, although it may take time.

Once again, nice job!
Pier.
Marko

Post by Marko » Dec 27th, ’17, 21:59

Thanks for the suggestion.

If I understand right, there would be a special shortcut which would trigger a suggestion popup containing text expander items matching the current written word. The popup would be the same like with the "Display suggestions as you type" enabled. The difference would be that it would only be triggered manually and not automatically as you type. Correct?

Would such a popup only contain text expander items or items from other modules too?
pier4r

Post by pier4r » Dec 28th, ’17, 11:17

Correct! (and thanks for repeating back. I find that my messages are often not so clear so if someone repeats them back is great to see if I wrote in a rubbish way)

For the items to show, I am fine with the text expander items, but of course the developer (and other people) may see other useful use cases.

For example in aText I press "control + command + A" (shortcut set by me, the program is quite flexible) and it shows all the text expansions that matches already what I wrote (if I write nothing, it shows the entire list).