FastKeys Start Window Splash

Suggestions, feature requests and bug reports.
catasolo

Post by catasolo » Nov 3rd, ’22, 09:52

It is my first post and I am looking for such a program. I have no issue paying a price for a proprietary software. After testing all the existing ones, it was FastKeys' turn. As advantages I found the reasonable price and the fact that when running the process has a minimum memory consumption of 3.6 MB, with only one phrase added (all the others removed) and around 12 MB with the default installation. Also, it offers a lot of nice features.

The first issue I identified is the splash window when the program starts or reloads. That splash window loads with a small white rectangle, then displays FastKeys, an animation occurs too. It must be removed or replaced with something professional because it is totally different from the others. For me it is annoying. The image is of poor quality, it is small, and the animations were used 20 years ago. If you want to keep this splash, at least offer a deactivation option in Settings. Thank you for understanding.

I've attached a screenshot to see what it's all about:
https://mega.nz/file/f4hWgbwI#ZVhid9N-x ... hnf4SkZqbQ

When the program saves something, a red horizontal bar loader appears in the middle of the screen for a few hundreds of milliseconds. If the window is positioned left it is visible like splash. It looks ugly reported to the window/screen visual aspect and should be changed or at least given the option to disable it. Its display in my case is annoying because in no other program have I encountered such a loader.

I've attached a screenshot to see what it's all about:
https://mega.nz/file/Ws4jmRKB#XaUUtXVq7 ... dnjjV_8Uzo
Marko

Post by Marko » Nov 3rd, ’22, 16:19

Thanks for your input. You can disable "Show loading progress" in Preferences/General.

The small white rectangle must be related to specific graphics settings, we were not able to see this effect on our testing computers. We will check it out.
catasolo

Post by catasolo » Nov 3rd, ’22, 22:11

You are correct. I missed that option, very good that you included it.
mragtronx8

Post by mragtronx8 » Dec 11th, ’22, 13:24

Marko,
am also getting this white square upon FastKeys startup.
It shows for less than a sec or two.

Hope u can fix it, as i prefer to keep loading progress ENABLED.