Solved: Alt+Spacebar list problem

Suggestions, feature requests and bug reports.
Maximus_Logic

Post by Maximus_Logic » Jan 25th, ’22, 17:18

I have 5 different Text Expander Strings that start with 'fb'. While in Alt+Spacebar view, if I type 'fb', in the search box, nothing appears. But if I just type 'f', then many items appear that include the letter 'f'. It doesn't appear to sort by order of what you type in the search box. It seems it would be more helpful to search only for text in the string value and not the from text in the description field. Thanks.
Last edited by Maximus_Logic on Jan 25th, ’22, 21:54, edited 1 time in total.
Marko

Post by Marko » Jan 25th, ’22, 18:29

What are your abbreviations exactly? I tried to enter "fba", "fbb" and "fbc" and everything seems to be working well, typing "fb" shows all of them.
Maximus_Logic

Post by Maximus_Logic » Jan 25th, ’22, 20:15

So this is weird. After I right clicked the list in Text Expander and sorted it by it by string, it was then that I could go back and enter 'fb' in the Alt+Spacebar list, and see all my abbreviations beginning with fb unlike before. Just as a side note, I am using the default settings file (that installs with a new installation) as my starting point and adding on to it. Thanks for replying..... Seems like everything is working. I'm also watching all the videos to catch up to all the features.