portable version

Suggestions, feature requests and bug reports.
Daxaka

Post by Daxaka » Mar 15th, ’21, 17:09

FastKeys 5.02

hello, thank you so much for your work, you have created great software! ;)

Found a problem in the portable version of the program:
After transferring the program, the paths to the folders (Settings> General> Folders) do not change ...
And the program starts with an error ...
in the portable version of the program, I suggest using the relative path to the settings files, instead of the absolute ones

Please pay attention to this and correct it. Thank.

P.S. sorry for my English :roll:
Marko

Post by Marko » Mar 15th, ’21, 17:51

Have you used the import function? There should be no automatic import in Portable.
Could you please contact our mail support to check what might be the issue? Thanks!
-SCORP-

Post by -SCORP- » Mar 17th, ’21, 08:21

When transferring the portable version to another disk, the path to the "Settings.fdb" file does not change in the "settings.ini"file. Example: DataFile=D:\FK\Documents\Settings.fdb. So that there is no error, you need to do this: DataFile=Documents\Settings.fdb
Daxaka

Post by Daxaka » Mar 21st, ’21, 17:46

-SCORP- wrote: Mar 17th, ’21, 08:21 When transferring the portable version to another disk, the path to the "Settings.fdb" file does not change in the "settings.ini"file. Example: DataFile=D:\FK\Documents\Settings.fdb. So that there is no error, you need to do this: DataFile=Documents\Settings.fdb
Yes, that's what I did. But it would be better if it worked out of the box. (FastKeys_Setup_Portable.exe) ;)

All paths in it must be relative (Scripts folder = Documents \ Scripts; Worldlist file folder = Documents \ Wordlists; DataFile = Documents \ Settings.fdb)

There is no "Tables folder" path setting in the settings.ini file.

Thank you, I wish you good luck in your project development.
-SCORP-

Post by -SCORP- » Mar 21st, ’21, 18:56

But it would be better if it worked out of the box. (FastKeys_Setup_Portable.exe) ;)
There is no "Tables folder" path setting in the settings.ini file.
Yes, I would like it to be fixed.
Tom

Post by Tom » Mar 22nd, ’21, 18:49

-SCORP- wrote: Mar 17th, ’21, 08:21 When transferring the portable version to another disk, the path to the "Settings.fdb" file does not change in the "settings.ini"file.
FastKeys "Portable" is essentially just an unzip of files to selected folder without creating uninstall files/entries and without requiring administrator setup privileges. It is not really portable however.

Tab folder setting issue was now resolved, thanks for reporting.