Resetting of settings upon faulty command addition

Discussion, questions and support.
Oblomov

Post by Oblomov » Mar 18th, ’19, 11:32

Hello,

Today, upon addition of a shortcut and hitting apply. My FastKeys got stuck, so I had to manually terminate it. After restarting, while all my entries of shortcuts/text expansions remained, the settings got reset, i.e. things like Quick Find shortcuts, modules and a variety of other things.

I’ve tried restoring to much earlier versions, but unfortunately, to no avail

Two odd thing that I also noticed right away, are that I no longer can toggle the “Description” section, in order to align entries alphabetically or otherwise. And that often times commands simply don't execute, where I can't get text expansions to execute at all.

Hopefully I will be able to solve this when I return home and replace the entire folder with another copy… however, it would certainly be nice to know, if there is perhaps some other way of solving this
Tom

Post by Tom » Mar 18th, ’19, 13:26

That's unfortunate. You can find the backup Preferences files in the Documents/FastKeys/Backup folders - just rename the file to settings.ini and copy it to FastKeys/Data folder.

Sorting needs to be enabled in Preferences/General/Enable column sorting.
Oblomov

Post by Oblomov » Mar 18th, ’19, 13:43

Tom wrote: Mar 18th, ’19, 13:26 That's unfortunate. You can find the backup Preferences files in the Documents/FastKeys/Backup folders - just rename the file to settings.ini and copy it to FastKeys/Data folder.

Sorting needs to be enabled in Preferences/General/Enable column sorting.
Copied settings over from a copy on my other PC, but will definitely try this next time 👍