Random Capitalization Problem

Discussion, questions and support.
tbgb50

Post by tbgb50 » Mar 31st, ’23, 16:23

I am experiencing the following issue:

When Fastkeys is active, it will work fine then randomly play back macros as if you were holding down the shift key - text is all uppercase and numbers playback as symbols. For example, if the macro contains a 5 it plays back as %.

I've tried reinstalling (more than once) but this has not resolved the issue. When using the program, I have tried using Reload with the same result. The only fix is to shut down Fastkeys and restart.

Any ideas on how to fix this are appreciated.
Tom

Post by Tom » Mar 31st, ’23, 21:23

The issue is most likely related to some conflicting software or process running on the computer.

First, try disabling "Adjust to typed case" option in Preferences/Text Expander.

Do you use specific security or antivirus software? Some of our users have reported that disabling the "Keyboard protection" (or similar) option solved their issues.

Some users have also reported that disabling Quick Accent software from Microsoft Power Toys solved their problem. Do you perhaps have this software running?
tbgb50

Post by tbgb50 » Apr 1st, ’23, 12:07

Hello Tom,

Thanks for the reply.

My antivirus software is Bitdefender - there is no keyboard setting in the main interface.

I did have Powertoys installed but the Quick Access setting was disabled. I have uninstalled it altogether to see if this makes a difference. Since the problem is random, I will see if this works and post a follow-up if it does not.

Howard
ThiasEsseboom

Post by ThiasEsseboom » Apr 7th, ’23, 08:14

Hey there,

I wanted to jump in here, as we are experiencing the same issue with the Start Menu function.

We've figured out where the bug comes from, and it is when you end your last sentence in capitals, it will automatically push the next message in capitals. The strange thing is, it happens with some of my colleagues (we use FastKeys Start Menu function company wide, and all use the same .fdb file), where I for instance have no issues with this at all...

We all have the same software running in the background. For now the people that have this issue are avoiding ending sentences in capitals, and then the issue doesn't show.

We've tried a couple of changes in the settings, like "Disable Capslock" and "Correct DOuble CApitals", but nothing seems to be working to solve this issue.
Marko

Post by Marko » Apr 8th, ’23, 09:39

ThiasEsseboom wrote: Apr 7th, ’23, 08:14 We've figured out where the bug comes from, and it is when you end your last sentence in capitals, it will automatically push the next message in capitals.
Could you please contact our support mail? We would like to explore this further. Are you able to identify the exact steps to reproduce the issue?
Thanks.