Font-Color of Selection Form in Dark Mode (Win 10/11)

Discussion, questions and support.
Nmk

Post by Nmk » Sep 13th, ’22, 14:56

Hello everybody,

can someone tell me how to fix this.

I'm experiencing it since working with Widnows 10/11 with FastKeys 5.08 when working in dark mode. I found no way to change the font color to a brighter one.

Is this possible at all?

Thanks in advanced.

Greetings
Nmk
Marko

Post by Marko » Sep 14th, ’22, 06:21

In our tests FastKeys does not follow the application dark mode. Do you use a high contrast scheme? What exact Windows color settings do you have?
Anyway, you can change the font color in Preferences/Appearance - click on the Selection Form dialog and select a font there.
Nmk

Post by Nmk » Dec 2nd, ’22, 12:42

Hello everbody,

I'm experiencing the same issue. Changing the color of the "Selection Form" affects only the names but not the labels for the checkboxes. I'm not using any high contrast theme just that kind dark mode. I love the dark mode but I can't read the forms anymore. I'm using Windows 11 but had it also on 10. Is there any way to change the color of the Gui controls?

Thanks in advanced & cheers!
Nmk

Post by Nmk » Dec 2nd, ’22, 12:44

Crazy. Just noticed that it was me opening this thread. :roll:
Tom

Post by Tom » Dec 3rd, ’22, 19:03

:D
I cannot reproduce this. After switching to Dark mode in Windows settings, all FastKeys windows, including selection popups, remain the same light color. You must be using another Windows color setting.
Nmk

Post by Nmk » Dec 6th, ’22, 12:18

On my first day with Windows 11 I was playing around with this high contrast thing, but I switched back into the simple dark mode. I had user defined colours on Windows 10 for the title bar only. This is my third new laptop within the past months and I had the issue on all machines. Fastkey is stored in OneDrive with its settings as well. I'm starting to believe that my Fastkeys settings got messed up in any way. I will try a reinstallation.

Are there any registry entries to be removed to have a clean start?
Tom

Post by Tom » Dec 7th, ’22, 22:15

There are no registry entries. I doubt reinstalling FastKeys can help.