slow load/save - again

Discussion, questions and support.
jrwf555

Post by jrwf555 » Mar 21st, ’21, 21:40

Hi,

I posted on this recently, but the problem has returned with a vengeance in FK5. If I try to save a new text expander entry (eg use 'exp' for 'experience'), it now takes a good 5 seconds simply for the dialogue box to close. Same with saving or closing the main window which seems as if it's actually stalled because it's so slow.

My earlier problem was with saving endless numbers of fkb files, which Marko suggested I could change. I did, and this helped. But that setting seems to have vanished in FK5, so I can't test it for that.

While I'm at it, could the dialogue box for inserting new text expander entries be smaller in an update? It fills my 15" laptop and makes it difficult to press the 'OK' button.

Any help much appreciated.

John
Tom

Post by Tom » Mar 21st, ’21, 21:45

Hi John, I suggest you contact our support mail for more detailed support about your issue.

You can resize the dialog to use any size you want.
jrwf555

Post by jrwf555 » Mar 23rd, ’21, 01:18

Thanks, Tom - I'll do that with the ongoing save/load issue.

On resizing the dialog window:

It would be simplest to upload an image, which I can't seem to do here. However, resizing still keeps half of the OK and the Cancel buttons cut off and the 'fewer options' tag. They're all useable, just, but no amount of resizing solves the problem. Possibly I'm alone in experiencing this.

Thanks for your help.

John