Can't get a 'windowed' and a 'non-windowed' shortcut to work separately

Discussion, questions and support.
Oblomov

Post by Oblomov » Jan 28th, ’21, 17:39

Hello,

Never quite encountered something like this before, but I've got two commands that use 'Ctrl + Shift + Alt + NumpadDot'

One uses a window field and the other doesn't. I've tried to fix this through the method arrived to earlier, in:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1216

But in this case, it's just not quite working... the macro that uses the window field, always 'surpasses' the one without...

Kind regards
Tom

Post by Tom » Jan 29th, ’21, 16:57

Oblomov wrote: Jan 28th, ’21, 17:39 the macro that uses the window field, always 'surpasses' the one without...
Isn't that logical?
For example, if you have two same shortcuts, one to only work in a specified window, the second everywhere else. The one with the window field would surpass the one without WHEN IN THE WINDOW.
Oblomov

Post by Oblomov » Feb 1st, ’21, 19:45

Tom wrote: Jan 29th, ’21, 16:57
Oblomov wrote: Jan 28th, ’21, 17:39 the macro that uses the window field, always 'surpasses' the one without...
Isn't that logical?
For example, if you have two same shortcuts, one to only work in a specified window, the second everywhere else. The one with the window field would surpass the one without WHEN IN THE WINDOW.
Thank you for your reply!

I think I messed up the OP description/elaboration big time... either way, basically my problem is that when I'm not in that particular window, the macro with the window field still gets executed, when I execute the windowless command...
Tom

Post by Tom » Feb 1st, ’21, 22:04

Then probably the window definition is too wide. It may contain full or partial window (application) names and is not case sensitive. What's the window definition?
Oblomov

Post by Oblomov » Feb 3rd, ’21, 18:24

Tom wrote: Feb 1st, ’21, 22:04 Then probably the window definition is too wide. It may contain full or partial window (application) names and is not case sensitive. What's the window definition?
Yes, I did try executing it in various other places, but the odd override, would still occur... the Window field contains 'Microsoft OneNote'. I've thus far tried on the desktop, browser and notepad, which all have completely different window names...
Tom

Post by Tom » Feb 4th, ’21, 18:33

I tried the shortcut with "Microsoft OneNote" window definition and it does not trigger anywhere except in OneNote.
You could send us your settings file and we can check...
Oblomov

Post by Oblomov » Feb 4th, ’21, 21:27

Tom wrote: Feb 4th, ’21, 18:33 I tried the shortcut with "Microsoft OneNote" window definition and it does not trigger anywhere except in OneNote.
You could send us your settings file and we can check...
Gotcha, sent!