Spectacular Start menu designed in FastKeys - can you beat this?

Discussion, questions and support.
Marko

Post by Marko » Feb 18th, ’23, 10:13

Toolbar settings are available in Preferences/Start menu - More settings.
Tom

Post by Tom » Feb 23rd, ’23, 21:02

Go to Preferences/Start menu/More settings and change the Mode to "Icon and text right".
marcelolima

Post by marcelolima » Feb 27th, ’23, 14:05

Tom wrote: Dec 19th, ’20, 19:15 I'm posting this example of a great FastKeys Start menu designed and used by one of our power users. I think is pretty awesome - what do you think?

How do you use FastKeys Start menus? Can you show us your examples? :)

Would it be possible to make available the .fdb of this menu and the settings file?

I'm trying to edit something like it, bus without success. :oops:

Thank you so much.

Best Regards,

Marcelo.
Marko

Post by Marko » Feb 28th, ’23, 17:18

I don't have the file. But what's the trouble? It's a standard Start Menu - Use Properties/Start menu - More settings for the background and general settings and ... (three dots) button for individual settings (icon and color).
marcelolima

Post by marcelolima » Mar 1st, ’23, 11:26

The problem is that I don't know how you entered different colors for some items as was done in the example.

Another thing that I haven't identified how to do and more important to me is to put the sub-items as titles of a topic (this one highlighted above). :?:
Marko

Post by Marko » Mar 1st, ’23, 19:00

To change the color of the individual menu item, select the ... button next to the Menu entry field - here you can change the color, style and the icon. I guess the title menu items were created as dummy items (Type Run with a dummy path).
CeciliaCopeland

Post by CeciliaCopeland » Mar 2nd, ’23, 14:55

How cool is it that you did that, I had no idea that with FastKeys combinations you can work so well on the Start Menu, thanks for the idea, I will try that now.
marcelolima

Post by marcelolima » Mar 3rd, ’23, 00:48

I feel the FastKeys user community is begging and clamoring for the Master Tom to make the above template available. :D :D