Script that performs what the Clipboard does

Discussion, questions and support.
Javinski

Post by Javinski » Sep 23rd, ’20, 01:15

Hey everyone, I am new here.

I firstly want to thank the developers for such an amazing program as it has improved my productivity at my job.

I don't know anything about coding or scripting and would really appreciate if someone could help me.

Imagine the following situation:

You access to a virtual machine in order to work, the clipboard functionality from your local machine to the remote one has been disabled by the administrators so you can no longer Copy and paste text you need and this has unfortunately hindered your ability to quickly get some information to the virtual desktop.

I was wondering if it is possible to create something on FastKeys which allows me to bypass this by sending 1 character at a time that is on my local machine's clipboard at a fast rate?.

It doesn't have to be instantaneous at all just faster than what a human would type and the exact content of the clipboard.

A script that mimics the function of Ctrl c + Ctrl v but without really using Ctrl + v and instead telling the application to type each digit 1 by 1 and ensuring it follows the order of the digits.

If i use a shortcut where it will send a certain text like "Hello world!" it works exactly as i am imagining on the remote machine.

Something like this would be extremely useful, would save me at least 1 minute each time i have to use it.

I appreciate if someone could help.

Thanks!
Marko

Post by Marko » Sep 23rd, ’20, 20:05

Here are the commands which simulate copy and paste commands (Type: Command):

Code: Select all

Send, ^c  ;Ctrl+C
;or 
Send, {Ctrl down}c{Ctrl up}

Send, ^v  ;Ctrl+V
;or
Send, {Ctrl down}v{Ctrl up}
You may experiment with different Send modes, instead of Send, try SendPlay, SendEvent etc. Also try different key delays to slow it down.
https://www.autohotkey.com/docs/commands/Send.htm
https://www.autohotkey.com/docs/command ... yDelay.htm