FastKeys 4.07 Released

Important information, rules and frequently asked questions. Read this first!
Marko

Post by Marko » Mar 24th, ’18, 22:19

What's new in FastKeys 4.07:
March 24, 2018

New FastKeys update with some exciting new features:
- Quick Find - press Alt-Space shortcut to open a new search dialog which provides another way for easy access to all FastKeys commands. Type some keywords to search or press up, down, left and right keys to select commands and modules. You can also easily access latest executed commands. Quick find shortcut can be changed in Preferences/Shortcuts. In Preferences you can also select whether FastKeys should automatically search the currenty typed word.
- Manual Auto Complete - set a shortcut (Preferences/Auto Complete) to manually open auto complete suggestion window at any time. If you prefer, you may set "Minimum word length to show suggestion" option to 0 - this way automatic suggestions will be disabled, allowing full manual control.

Please let us know how you like the new features or if you have any comments. ;)

Release notes:
- Quick find - quickly search for any FastKeys command and execute it,
- Manual Auto-Complete shortcut,
- Escape key behavior in popups improved,
- Improved DPI awareness,
- Various small improvements and bug fixes.

Download FastKeys HERE!
jrwf555

Post by jrwf555 » Mar 25th, ’18, 01:24

I like the update. I did have to change the shortcut since I use it for something else - but that's easy to do under Preferences as you indicated. Quick Find is intuitive and fast, and a really handy reminder if you've got lots of expanding phrases and triggers, as I have.

John
gustms

Post by gustms » Mar 25th, ’18, 13:53

Thank you, Marko. Great new update and feature, as always!

But still not so usable for me, as it doesn´t show abbreviations from Phrase Files. Is it planned for a next release?

Also, updating from v 4.06 corrupted my settings files (fdb). It was encrypted, without a password. But restoring from a backup did the deal.
Also, the backups were not encrypted. Was that intended as well?

Thanks!
Marko

Post by Marko » Mar 25th, ’18, 15:36

Thanks gustms, the small encryption bug was already resolved. Please download again and reinstall - you will probably have to use the backup again.

Regarding Phrase Files, we will try to include them in the next release. ;)
orlando2bjr

Post by orlando2bjr » Mar 25th, ’18, 19:09

Great update, but it broke strings beginning with "à" (grave accented a).
If it's followed by a space, I get this error on applay/save/load FK:

If not followed by a space (i.e. apé -> apé), no error, but it also doesn't work.

I also tried deleting and creating a command from scratch to eliminate corruption. And adding it to autocorrect Phrase Files.

It works with Quick Find though. :?

Good thing I don't have many as these, but they are absolutely a bummer in PT-BR.

Other than this, great update, specially DPI tweaks.

Orlando Borges Botelho
orlando2bjr
Marko

Post by Marko » Mar 25th, ’18, 20:13

Thanks, this was a side effect of a Quick Find function. Should be corrected now - please download, re-install and let me know if it works.
gustms

Post by gustms » Mar 26th, ’18, 09:53

Marko wrote: Mar 25th, ’18, 15:36 Thanks gustms, the small encryption bug was already resolved. Please download again and reinstall - you will probably have to use the backup again.

Regarding Phrase Files, we will try to include them in the next release. ;)
Thank you, Marko. Looking forward to it.

Another problem I found is, if fil is encrypted without password, Quick Find can't find anything. Removing the in-app encryption solves it.
Gryzor

Post by Gryzor » Mar 26th, ’18, 10:00

Nice functionality!

I also had to change alt+space since I use Launchy, but that got me wondering... since FK already has shortcuts and a start menu and whatnot, would it be possible to incorporate full launcher functionality?
Marko

Post by Marko » Mar 26th, ’18, 17:34

Minor update 4.07a: Quick Find now shows Phrase File items, encryption issues were resolved.
Marko

Post by Marko » Mar 26th, ’18, 17:42

@Gryzor,
FastKeys can be used as launcher in many different ways but it requires setting the paths manually. I prefer using Auto Complete for this but other modules can be used too. :)