FastKeys 4.07 Released

Important information, rules and frequently asked questions. Read this first!
Gryzor

Post by Gryzor » Mar 26th, ’18, 17:44

Marko wrote: Mar 26th, ’18, 17:42 @Gryzor,
FastKeys can be used as launcher in many different ways but it requires setting the paths manually. I prefer using Auto Complete for this but other modules can be used too. :)
Hm, maybe I should research this more. Of course paths have to be set, but that's how launchers (like Launchy) work anyhow - a couple of paths for Start shortcuts, another path for documents... It'll be fantastic if it can be done indeed, thanks for letting me know :)
Marko

Post by Marko » Mar 26th, ’18, 17:50

Another way is to set a Type: Run multi selection items in any module. To improve visibility, add a description prefix so only description will appear on a popup window. For example:

Code: Select all

Firefox:: C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox 
/FastKeys:: C:\Program Files\FastKeys\FastKeys.exe
orlando2bjr

Post by orlando2bjr » Mar 26th, ’18, 21:28

Marko wrote: Mar 25th, ’18, 20:13 Thanks, this was a side effect of a Quick Find function. Should be corrected now - please download, re-install and let me know if it works.
The error disappeared, but the command is still not working.
Command 1

String: à postos
Description: a postos
Substitute:
Menu, Tray, Icon
TrayTip, Crase, Essa expressão não usa crase., 3
Send, a postos
Command 2

String: à pé
Description: a pé
Substitute:
a pé
Thanks for looking into this.

P.s.: In fact, all Text Expander commands stopped working :o
P.s.2: Resetting Text Expander options page fixed it... weird but great!!!
orlando2bjr
Marko

Post by Marko » Mar 27th, ’18, 08:17

@orlando2bjr, I tried your commands and it works well on our side. Let's continue the discussion here:
http://www.fastkeysautomation.com/forum ... ?f=4&t=576
gustms

Post by gustms » Mar 27th, ’18, 08:54

Marko wrote: Mar 26th, ’18, 17:34 Minor update 4.07a: Quick Find now shows Phrase File items, encryption issues were resolved.
Wow, that was a really quick fix. Thank you very much, Marko!

One last question, I promise. How are the numbers supposed to work in this Quick Find window? I can't search for them (like a string called a1) and they don't select the items from the results list.

EDIT: The last, but minor one. Product version in the exe was not updated to 4.07 (or 4.07a) this time, which makes it harder for other software like SUMo to check for updates.
https://www.kcsoftwares.com/sumo/view.p ... prot=2&pro
https://www.kcsoftwares.com/bugs/view.php?id=4555
Marko

Post by Marko » Mar 27th, ’18, 13:24

@gustms, you are welcome! ;) Triggering and searching by numbers should be fixed, product version too.
gustms

Post by gustms » Mar 27th, ’18, 15:08

Marko wrote: Mar 27th, ’18, 13:24 @gustms, you are welcome! ;) Triggering and searching by numbers should be fixed, product version too.
Thank you, Marko! Looking better. But, if you don't mind, still not as perfect as it is FK normal standard.

- Product Version is now 4.06a, and should be 4.07a

- And I'm still not sure this is how it is supposed to work with numbers.If one of the first 2 letters on Quick Find is a number, it works as a shortcut for the list. If it is the third or after, it searches for commands with numbers. This is what I get, and it is a bit confusing, in my opinion. Maybe remove the option for searching numbers at all, as triggering might be way more used, or, if possible, adding an option to configure searching and triggering, like, pressing alt+number searches for number or trigger, something like that. What do you think?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Marko

Post by Marko » Mar 27th, ’18, 16:39

Triggering system is the same as for other popups. You can disable number keys in Preferences/Appearance. I'm happy to hear other opinions on this.
gustms

Post by gustms » Mar 27th, ’18, 19:17

Marko wrote: Mar 27th, ’18, 16:39 Triggering system is the same as for other popups. You can disable number keys in Preferences/Appearance. I'm happy to hear other opinions on this.
Hey Marko, thanks! Completely forgot about this. Now with Number disabled as Selection Key, and Numpad enabled, it is perfect for me. Search with numbers, choose with Numpad. The best of both worlds.

But interested in hearing other opinions as well. Thanks again!

By the way, I see that the Product Version was adjusted. Great!