FastKeys needs to be installed locally on each user's computer by using a provided installation package or a custom installer.
Using provided installer
Run the provided installer to install the software with the applied policy (or a path to a policy) to local users using the following alternatives:
- The installer will automatically install the policy.ini or local.ini files if the files are located in the installer's folder.
- Manually copy the policy.ini or local.ini file to main FastKeys folder on user's computer.
The following optional command line parameters can be used with the provided installer:
/SP - Disables the This will install... Do you wish to continue? prompt at the beginning of Setup.
/SILENT - Instructs Setup to be silent. When Setup is silent the wizard and the background window are not displayed but the installation progress window is.
/VERYSILENT - Instructs Setup to be very silent. When a setup is very silent the installation progress window is not displayed.
Using custom installer
Many companies prefer to use their own deployment tools and procedures to install software to production environment and create their own installation packages. Installation is very simple and only requires to copy FastKeys files and folders to local users.
The following principles should be considered:
- Custom installer need to include all FastKeys folders and files,
- Policy.ini (or local.ini) file needs to be in the main FastKeys folder,
- Make sure you do NOT include Policy Manager to ensure users cannot change the settings.
- Ensure proper user access rights for the folders containing user data.
Please let us know if you need any additional support.