Alternative shortcut for the escape key

Suggestions, feature requests and bug reports.
mikewain

Post by mikewain » Mar 22nd, ’18, 16:20

I love this product... but...It'd be really useful to be able to cancel the autocomplete dialogs with a different key as when pressing escape the current application also processes it - e.g. I use PHPEd for programming and it also has autocomplete so the lookups both appear and if I press escape then they both disappear - and even worse the focus is on the fastkeys autocomplete even though it's below the PHPEd one so if I press tab or return I get the fastkeys suggestion even though I can't see it.. see attached screenshot.

It also happens with other apps when you open a save dialog - it gives you a suggestion and if you click enter meaning to ignore the suggestion and save the file using the name you typed it fills in the name with the suggestion - and if you press escape then the save as dialog gets cancelled - the only alternative is to move the mouse and click the save button.

alternatively let me set the key that is used to accept the suggestion so that it's not tab or enter.

hope this makes sense!

cheers
Mike
Marko

Post by Marko » Mar 22nd, ’18, 17:00

Thanks, makes sense. Managing conflicting applications is always a challenge. ;)

First of all, you can set a Shift as a selection key (Preferences/Appearance) to avoid confirmation conflicts. For cancelling, we shall test if it would make sense that pressing Escape key would not pass through to the system (would only close FastKeys suggestion dialog).
Marko

Post by Marko » Mar 25th, ’18, 21:55

Escape key behavior has been improved in 4.07.
mikewain

Post by mikewain » Mar 26th, ’18, 10:31

Just tested it and that's perfect - the escape doesn't pass through to the application - thank you - most appreciated.