reloading fastkeys

Discussion, questions and support.
jrwf555

Post by jrwf555 » Jan 24th, ’18, 02:43

Sometimes I have to reload Fastkeys: even though it's in the taskbar none of its functions will work on my laptop.

It's easy enough to do: bring up the Settings window (I use Ctrl-Shft+1), hit 'Save' and it reloads/functions again.

But is there one hotkey command that will do this? It's clumsy to do what I've just described and I assume other users must experience the same issue.

John
Tom

Post by Tom » Jan 24th, ’18, 10:21

Hi John, you can set a reload shortcut in Preferences/Shortcuts.

Do you use any special commands or scripts which may trigger the error? Could you contact us on our support mail to analyze the issue into more details?
jrwf555

Post by jrwf555 » Jan 25th, ’18, 00:47

Hi Tom

Thanks for your reply. I was surprised that apparently this isn't a common error and had assumed it was Win 10 routinely dumping out some routines. I say this because I've had it happen with autocorrect autohotkey and on different laptops.

Yes, I'll email your support email separately.

Meantime, excuse my ignorance, but how do I setup a reload shortcut in Preferences/Shortcuts? I tried myself but got lost in trying this.

John
jrwf555

Post by jrwf555 » Jan 25th, ’18, 01:00

And a quick other question - where do I find the support email address? It doesn't appear to be in the FastKeys menus and I can't find it in the forums.

John
Tom

Post by Tom » Jan 25th, ’18, 09:12

Sorry, you can set the Settings shortcut in Preferences/General/Shortcuts.

Please contact us on support at fastkeysautomation.com or refer to
Http://www.fastkeysautomation.com
jrwf555

Post by jrwf555 » Jan 30th, ’18, 20:54

Hi Tom

Following up from my previous posts on this. The 'mail' option on the fastkeysautomation.com page doesn't seem to work. No way I can get an email under the dropdown menu 'Support Mail' or the radio button 'Contact' or, at the bottom of the page. They just reload and nothing happens. I guess you need to know this for your site as a whole.

I'm still keen to follow up on my queries: how to set up a hotkey to reload fastkeys. I don't understand how to set up one sequence from the current two I have to sue: Ctrl+Shft+1 then 'Save' on Preferences.

Regards
John
Marko

Post by Marko » Jan 30th, ’18, 22:23

Interesting, clicking on support mail menu works for me - default email client opens and you can write email. Please send me a mail to
support@fastkeysautomation.com
and we will see what might cause your issues.

To enter a reload shortcut
- go to Preferences/General/Shortcuts
- click on a Reload shortcut field
- press and hold Ctrl, press and hold Shift, press 1
- Reload shortcut field should show Ctrl+Shift+1
- Click OK button to save the preferences.
jrwf555

Post by jrwf555 » Jan 31st, ’18, 03:29

Hi Marko

Thanks for your reply. I will try out the Reload process later.

It's baffling about the support email. I tried all the options again at fastkeysautomation.com after your post, but no different. In the top right corner in the Support dropdown, I get a little hand pointing at the Support Email button but that's it. Nothing happens. Same in the blue section, 'Contact Us' in the middle of the page, and same again at the bottom of the page. It can hardly be because I'm emailing from New Zealand, hence my bafflement that it works for you.

John
jrwf555

Post by jrwf555 » Jan 31st, ’18, 05:44

Hi Marko

I added a bit extra but it got lost. I was curious and tried other links on the page, but only some of them work for me. For instance, View Version History does, and so does Download Free Trial. But none of these do: MULTI-USER BUSINESS LICENSES - Ask for a quote', 'ENTERPRISE EDITION - Contact Us for more information' or 'TRANSLATE FastKeys - Let us know!'

This isn't part of my original question, but in case other site visitors are experiencing similar problems.

Regards
John
Marko

Post by Marko » Jan 31st, ’18, 21:33

It looks like your Chrome settings are not set to defaults. You can change this in Chrome Settings->Content Settings->Manage Handlers.
Please let me know if this helps.