Double-typing with FastKeys working

Suggestions, feature requests and bug reports.
v3ct0r

Post by v3ct0r » Dec 24th, ’17, 14:42

Hey,

Sorry if this has been discussed previously, I did try to look for it but found nothing.

When FK is active, I often get characters double-typed, such as o, m, n, k, and a few others (from what I've seen). This behavior disappears when I shut FK down. It does look like a keypress: when I'm typing fast, I would get a letter between the double-types. For example: I would type momentarily, and I would get momemntarily.

Any idea where I could start troubleshooting this from? I've disabled autocomplete, and phrase files. I'm only left with my own.

TIA.
Marko

Post by Marko » Dec 24th, ’17, 16:40

That's not normal, are you sure you don't have some text expander or auto complete entries active? Does it happen in a specific application?

You can send your settings.fdb and settings.ini files to our support mail and we can check your setup.
v3ct0r

Post by v3ct0r » Dec 24th, ’17, 23:00

Hey,

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I do have text expander entries active.

I will disable them all, leave FK active and see how goes. Will post in 24 hours.

Thank you.
Marko

Post by Marko » Jan 16th, ’18, 16:38

Any update on this?
devclined

Post by devclined » Nov 7th, ’18, 17:11

Hello any news on this ? I disactivated text expander and auto complete
even closed a app (there is a service fworking wiith faskeys?)
and still have this ANNOYING double typing problem.

ps: windows 10
Marko

Post by Marko » Nov 7th, ’18, 18:14

After exiting FastKeys there is no other service running. Are you sure you don't run two instances at the same time?
devclined

Post by devclined » Nov 8th, ’18, 12:47

im sure :) also

when i put fastkey on PAUSE my double typing problem is disappears, its very unclever, sometimes its double types 1 time, sometimes its double types never anymore and back again , i have 2 languages on keyboard, the same problem with two languages on english its the letter 'I' and in russian its the same definition of letter 'И' and it always double types as the second letter in the words usually starts with M and W the words (microsoft, wish)

i 'wiill' try full remove and reinstall to be sure (the word will double typed again;))
Marko

Post by Marko » Nov 8th, ’18, 19:22

I'm not sure I understand. Could you please explain how to reproduce the problem, step by step?