Full text Search and ordering propositions for textexpander

Discussion, questions and support.
Malysus

Post by Malysus » Oct 25th, ’17, 06:25

Hello,
I use daily fastkeys text expanding. I have created 50 entties. Sometimes I forget the string to use a specific text that's why is it possible to to search any keyword contained in description or command (like full text search)?

Other question, is it possible to sort suggestion of text expander by usage?

Moreover, I have created some shortcuts and scripts. Have you created a public library to share them?

Thank you.
Marko

Post by Marko » Oct 25th, ’17, 20:51

You can sort your settings items by clicking the column name. Sorting needs to be enabled first under Preferences/General/Enable column sorting. Also try enabling the "Display suggestions as you type" option under Preferences/Text Expander.

Sorting by usage is currently not available, we may add such feature in one of the future releases.

You are very welcome to post your scripts in User Commands and Scripts subforum, this will help other users. Thanks. :)
Fylleth667

Post by Fylleth667 » Nov 8th, ’17, 17:04

Hi Marko, i would like to second that request for a search feature in the Text Expander module - even if you have (like i do) display suggestions as you type turned to on it's sometimes difficult to remember the abbreviation for what you're looking for (especially if you have hundreds of snippets) :-)

Thanks a lot for a great application!

George M. from Greece.
Marko

Post by Marko » Nov 8th, ’17, 20:38

Noted. ;)